Munich, Downtown 1950s
(Source: Webmaster's collection)
The American Way Special Service Club in downtown Munich, 1952. This club and Snack Bar at Lenbach Platz 8 (near the Old Botanical Garden) was very popular among American GIs during the 1940s and early 1950s until it closed in 1955 and was derequisitioned and returned to its original owner. Today, the building known as the Künstlerhaus is a cafe and restaurant (Mövenpick).