Linde Stadium Service Club, Nürnberg, 1947
(Source: PFC Joseph C. Heintz Photo Album)
According to STARS & STRIPES (Jan 5 1959) Linde Stadium was originally operated in the early post-war years by the American Red Cross and then taken over by Special Services in September 1947. In January 1949, the facility was turned over to the Nurnberg Mil Post athletic section for use as a sports center. After the conversion, the Nurnberg Sports Center will have a snack bar, swimming pool, ice rink and other facilities.