Wiesbaden Military Post
(Source: Webmaster's collection)
In June 1955 the Downtown PX was moved to the new Hainerberg Shopping Center operated by the Air Force Exchange System. The old Downtown PX building was then returned to the previous German owners. Photo shows the AFEX shopping center at Hainerberg in 1958; in the background, the Dependents Housing Area which was first opened in December 1953.